CTE Solutions, (Yes, the same training center that helps out with both the User & Study Groups) will donate $300,000 worth of training to recently laid off tech workers in Ottawa, equating to around 150 participants to be instructed over the coming summer months.
CTE Solutions was founded seven years ago during the depths of the last tech wreck, after its founders (yes, Kim was one of them! and so was Mia & Gerry, et al) were themselves laid off from a bankrupt firm – said late Monday that it will offer courses in various Microsoft and Java applications, among other areas, meant to increase the marketability of tech workers affected by the economic downturn.
Each class will hold up to 14 participants and will be held weekly throughout the summer, CTE said. Potential participants will need to show proof of previous full-time tech employment and are asked to apply online at http://www.makememarketable.ca/.
Examples of some of the course they are donating are:
- Microsoft SharePoint Services 3.0 and SharePoint Server 2007 (5 days)
- Configuring, Managing, and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 (5 days)
- Microsoft Visual Basic .NET Programming (5 days)
- Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Database (5 days)
- Business Analysis Boot Camp (4 days)
- ITIL V3 Foundation Training and Certification (3.5 days)
- Java Programming Language (5 days)
And don’t forget to join the user group too!